The spec is fantastic, and ought to make it a good choice for learning:
- Wide, high res screen
- Windows Mobile 6
- Thumbprint recognition (and scrolling)
- One of the fastest processors around
- Reasonable camera (2 mega pixel - but with a great lens)
- sleek lines
BUT (and this is a big but), both our devices were increadibly slow.
- Video playback was slow
- All apps were slow
- Browsing the folders was slow
- Email was slow
- Even using the phone was slow.
We don't know why, and I have delayed posting this blog for three weeks while we wait to hear back from Toshiba. They took our concerns very seriously and are checking them out in their labs, but as yet I have no answer.
Is the problem Windows Mobile 6? Might be, but other WM6 devices seem OK. And all our earlier OS devices were running way faster ... even with less than half the processing power of the G900!
I will update when I hear back from Uncle Tosh ...